Blogger templates

 

Google+ Follow on Bloglovin

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Popular Posts

Blogger news

Archives

Blogroll

Circa Espresso, Parramatta

Funnily enough, I heard about this cafe AFTER I graduated high school in Parramatta which was very disappointing, as I never visited Parramatta unless it was for school. So we drove all the way down just to see what the hype was about (i.e. SMH Good Cafe Guide Awards 2013)!!!!!! We were meaning to revisit the Grounds again to try the winter breakfast menu but of course, I can never quite drag myself out of bed past 10:30 am. Besides... its getting overrrated...

Theres a car-park behind Circa Espresso with 1-2 hours costing $3 and $12 for a whole day, although you can park in the Westfield's but we were lazy. Its a short walk from the station and the shopping centre, at most 5 minutes.

In the BG: Avocado, Green pea mash with a hint of chilli on Sourdough toast & Baked Eggs W/ Sujuk, Danish Fetta, tomato & hint of chilli with toast served in the Pan

African Red Hot chocolate


The service was reasonably attentive! There were about 3 waiters around the front area and even the big boss himself I think. Hes in the picture above! Although the food took its time (15 mins), our coffee and hot choco produced quite immediately! I think thats one of their specialities using Single Origin beans. The boy enjoyed his cappuccino with an extra shot (TOO BITTER! I H8 COFFEE) & I LOVED my African hot chocolate! It did have an exotic taste to it.... one of the best and most unique hot choco Ive ever had! Definitely recommended for the non-caffeine addicts. You know it tasted good because I didnt even ask for marshmallows!

OK THE FOOD.... admittedly, this is one of the first Baked eggs Ive had at a cafe. It was tasty, I couldnt get enough of the Chorizo and scraping the eggs off the pan. The fetta tasted too sour for my liking, there were huge chunks and not enough egg surface area if that makes sense. I couldve done with another egg in my pan. And definitely more rocket leaves, I mean cmon. The bread was toasted to perfection, although it may look a bit dry in the picture. It would be good if they had extra sides options because I love my breakfast with added spinach, avocado and mushroom.. however, I ended up spooning up some avocado from my boys plate... hehe. Overall, the baked eggs were not filling enough for my fat tummy! Such a shame :(

His dish was just simply mashed up avocado on sourdough bread with a wedge of lemon so not much to say there! He said coffee made him bloated haha.

We got seated as soon as we got there around 11:30am on a Wednesday but if you want to avoid queues, 10-11am would be the best time to visit! The kitchen closes at 2pm.

Where? 
21 Wentworth St, Parramatta, 2150

Opening hours:
Mon - fri: 7am til 4pm
Not open on weekends! :(

Location: 21 Wentworth Street, Parramatta NSW 2150, Australia

5 Responses to Circa Espresso, Parramatta

  1. Wow - I haven't heard of African hot chocolate before... must give it a go next time I'm in Parramatta.

  2. Unknown says:

    Is the hot chocolate here in Parramatta great iun taste? I never heard this before. I wanna try dining here.

  3. Anonymous says:

    Awesome article Jennie! Love the pictures! What restaurant has the best coffee you ever had? Remember to add it to your Besty List! http://www.thebesty.com/queenofeggsbenny

Leave a Reply